International School Uwekind is authorized to offer Middle Years Programme of The International Baccalaureate.
The School is licensed by the Bulgarian Ministry of Education, Youth and Science and covers all key stages in education:
Kindergarten with 3 groups of children from 2 to 5 years.
Primary School from pre-school class to 4th grade
Middle School 5th -7th grade
High School – 8th -12th grade
- The school and the kindergarten educate about 200 children and instruction is provided by a team of more than 30 highly-qualified teachers.
- INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL UWEKIND provides education in all subject areas and subjects according to the programs of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Science.
- It offers higher level learning of two foreign languages – English and German.
- The education cycle is complemented by an in-house developed Outdoor Program.
INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL UWEKIND is a candidate school for:
Uwekind - History
The history of Uwekind dates back to1997 when the kindergarten was set up in a cozy house at N. V. Gogol St. in the central part of the city of Sofia.
As its first students grew, so did Uwekind. The primary level of the school was established in 2001 and, later, the other two levels – middle school and high school, were set up in sequence.
In 2009, Uwekind was awarded the statute of an IB candidate school. Following two years of arduous work on aligning the principles of teaching, planning and assessment with those of IB, the school’s authorization is now scheduled for December 2011.
- We offer high-quality education in all key stages in education – kindergarten, primary and middle school, high school.
- We provide a smooth transition between the different key stages and ages, support and encourage the children as they grow up, resolve all problem situations together with the parents.
- Working with children of all ages, we know what qualities and skills we should develop in the different education levels.
- We provide a supportive and enabling learning environment in which every member of the Uwekind community (whether a child or an adult) feels equal, able to express themselves, and responsible to the others.
- By offering language learning we encourage students to get knowledge of, to value and to understand different cultures.
- The different levels are united by a common educational idea. That is why we, with good reason, speak of Uwekind community where children of different ages, teachers, and parents, are one.